Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't login, see and use my purchases on Mac App Store.

i am not able to login to my MBPro App Store with my apple id. Though my id works fine with iTunes purchases on same Mac. when i try to login to App Store, it says "Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance." any suggestions?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 10:52 AM

2 replies

Feb 24, 2015 10:55 AM in response to gvsvara

Apple ID security issues -

Account security issues almost always require you to speak directly to an Apple representative to securely establish your identity as the account holder. You can set it up so that Apple calls you, either immediately or at a time convenient to you.

1. Go to http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/

2. Choose Contact Support and click Contact Us

3. Choose Other Apple ID Topics and choose the appropriate topic for your issue (Security questions or password)

4. Choose, No Thanks, Continue

5. Choose the best method for you for contacting Apple

Feb 25, 2015 5:45 PM in response to gvsvara

Back up all data before proceeding.

Step 1

Triple-click anywhere in the line below on this page to select it:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

Right-click or control-click the line and select

Services Reveal in Finder (or just Reveal)

from the contextual menu.* A folder should open with an item selected. Move the selected item to the Trash. You may be prompted for your administrator login password. Restart the computer and test.

*If you don't see the contextual menu item, copy the selected text to the Clipboard by pressing the key combination command-C. In the Finder, select

Go Go to Folder...

from the menu bar and paste into the box that opens by pressing command-V. You won't see what you pasted because a line break is included. Press return.

Log out, log back in, and test. If there's no improvement, continue.

Step 2

Reset your computer’s PRAM.

Can't login, see and use my purchases on Mac App Store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.