Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Nano 7th Gen only plays through left headphone

I have a recently purchased iPod Nano 7th gen that has stopped playing through the right headphone. I have tried several different sets of headphones, including the ones that came with it. It worked when I bought it a few months ago and this has been slowly getting worse and as of today there is nothing coming out the right one. If I don't plug the headphones in all the way and rotate the jack slowly I can usually get music to come through both headphones - which is fine except when I'm running because the jack moves too much. I restored to factory settings today and it did not seem to help.

Additionally, when I've been messing with the headphone jack to try and get this to work, the voice over thing keeps coming on. I shut it off under settings, but it insists upon coming on and also frequently changes the songs. I have no access to an apple store so I'd really appreciate any help. I will be able to go to an apple store before the year warranty is up, but that means I have to deal with this for another 6 months. My right ear will become very jealous of the left in the meantime. It's super annoying.

Thanks!

iPod nano (7th generation)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 10:07 AM

1 reply

iPod Nano 7th Gen only plays through left headphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.