Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop Icon Labels

Hello,

iMac 21.5 (Late 2012) Yosemite 10.10.2

I would like to "do away with" the LABELS on the desktop icons for my external drives. I like the icons being there, but I do NOT like the labels. I have created icons that represent each external drive, (actual pictures of the physical device) and that is all I need for identification purposes.

I know and understand that I can simply "rename" them with a "space" (no lettering) and that makes the labels go away, BUT when I do this, it ALSO makes the label go away in Finder Sidebar, and I DO NOT want the label to go away in Finder. (It also makes the label go away in "Get Info")

I am thinking that I need an Applescript to use in Automator to create a Service that would allow me to toggle "off" the fonts on the desktop. I have searched high and low for an app that would do this, but to no avail.

I am VERY new to the world of Apple (Got this iMac late last year-----How in the world did I survive all those years with Windows?????? ;-)

If anyone could share an Applescript and then give me step by step instructions on how to set it up in Automator, that would be GREATLY appreciated.

iMac (21.5-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 10:18 AM

There are no replies.

Desktop Icon Labels

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.