Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot create location based reminders on iPad

I have an iPad Mini with Retina running iOS 8.1.3 and it does not give me the option to create location based reminders. After typing in the reminder I can select a date, but it does not have an option for location as it does on my iPhone. After going into Settings>Privacy>Location Services, I see that Reminders is not even listed here to enable or disable location services.

I have tried restarting the iPad, cycling location services, and cycling the iCloud sync for Reminders with no success. I am really at a loss for how to fix this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 12:46 PM

From page 101 of the iPad User Guide: Location based reminders are only available on an iPad if it has a cellular connection.

User uploaded file

1 reply

Cannot create location based reminders on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.