Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iBooks screw up titles and how can I fix the titles? NOT SOLVED

Linc Davis offered suggestions, which seemed to work for a while, so I said the problem was solved, but it isn't working any more, and I am unable to re-mark my old thread.

If I delete an unwanted book, iBooks transfers the title to another book, and transfers the next title to yet another book. What is going on and what can I do to fix this?

I have already deleted and rebuilt the iBooks library once, following the instructions here: Why does iBooks screw up titles and how can I fix the titles? with this problem returning as I imported all epubs back into the library and trimmed some back out of the library.

MacBook Air (11-inch Mid 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 12:24 PM

2 replies

Feb 24, 2015 5:26 PM in response to Marja E

Okay, so far I've cleared the cache, cleared the whole library, repaired the disk, and reset the pram, without fixing the problem.

I had previously tried Calibre, and it is even more library-intensive than iBooks, and harder to use, though it might be an option to avoid this bug. I have also tried Kitabu, but it doesn't work, it doesn't always show more than 3 pages of a 40+ page file. Can anyone recommend better epub-reading software?

Why does iBooks screw up titles and how can I fix the titles? NOT SOLVED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.