Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi I have i pad model a1337 please anyone tell me how to update my iOS 5.1 to iOS 7.5 or ios8 I am very new to apple I pad thanks

HI I have I pad a1337 is there anyone know how to upgrade iOS 5.2 to iOS 7. Or ios8 please I am very new to apple

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 1:49 PM

8 replies

Feb 17, 2017 5:23 AM in response to Steve Nicholls

Steve Nicholls wrote:

My partner has my old 1st Gen iPad and it does run a version of the Facebook app on it but it is very glitchy as is using the site via the Safari browser I'm afraid to say. It's quite shocking how quickly the first gen iPad was disregarded by Apple in some respects, released 2010 and less than 5 years down the line well and truly obsolete.

Regards,

Steve

I am still using my original 2010 iPad even though I have newer iPads.

It runs the same, but older versions of apps I use, now.

I can still even access my DropBox account, stream Netflix and Hulu and I have a smart stylus, that I use to draw with on both my original iPad and iPad 2, that uses/emits hi frequency sound, detected by the iPad's microphone, instead of Bluetooth .

So, I still get my use from this almost seven year old iPad!

Plus it is just more fun to look at and use as it uses the old 3 dimensional skeuomorphic icons.

Feb 24, 2015 2:04 PM in response to Asghar56ali

Whatsapp is not available for iPad directly.

For Facebook however:

You may be able to get compatible versions of Apps for the first gen through iTunes on your computer. Download the App you want a compatible version for on iTunes on your computer using the same Apple Id that the iPad has for the App Store. For Paid Apps its best to consult with the App maker to make sure there is a compatible App. With the App Downloaded to iTunes on a computer you can go into The App Store App on your iPad, Tap on Purchased, and Look for the App there. Tap on it to begin the download. It will likely say its not compatible, but if there is a compatible version it will offer to download it.

Install the latest compatible version of an app on an earlier version of iOS or OS X - Apple Support

Feb 25, 2015 2:46 AM in response to Asghar56ali

My partner has my old 1st Gen iPad and it does run a version of the Facebook app on it but it is very glitchy as is using the site via the Safari browser I'm afraid to say. It's quite shocking how quickly the first gen iPad was disregarded by Apple in some respects, released 2010 and less than 5 years down the line well and truly obsolete.

Regards,

Steve

Hi I have i pad model a1337 please anyone tell me how to update my iOS 5.1 to iOS 7.5 or ios8 I am very new to apple I pad thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.