Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I clean malware in my MBP (if I have it at all)?

Seems like a have malware in my MBP running 10.8.5. Pop-ups windows links to Mac antivirus sites start two days ago. I run the

Disk Utility and DiskTools Pro to defragmented and check what happens but no success.

I got this message (image below).

Thanks for any help from all of you.

Miguel

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 2:17 PM

5 replies

Feb 24, 2015 2:21 PM in response to Miguel Paz

That is a scam. There is no way for anything on the web to tell if your computer is running any kind of malware.

Don't call the number whatever you do. They will do nothing worthwhile on your MBP and charge you for that. Then once they have your credit card information, they will illegally use it or sell it.

That is what the Delete is for on Mail. Use it for this email.

Feb 25, 2015 6:55 AM in response to Niel

Hello Allan !!! Hello Niel !!!

First of all thanks for your response.

Some info: I begun my Macs experience with a Performa 600 running 7.1 almost 20 yrs. ago. I can really say that

I enjoy the evolution through 8, 9 and OS X. Somehow I am aware that this pops-ups are scams.

What bothers me is that never happens before 3 or 4 days ago, now they are going on in all my browsers including Safari.

Almost all the time that I click a link in my bookmarks a MacKeeper page or any other pops-up first.

Something is wrong, and I want to fix it. I check securities, firewall, preferences for any single browser, etc etc.

Also I don't download anything out of the ordinary or open emails form unknown sources that can compromise my MBP.

Maybe I stream a movie sometimes from HBO.

Bottom line: something is not right.

Thanks for to all the invisible friends again !!!

How can I clean malware in my MBP (if I have it at all)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.