Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is it possible to remove all page numbers?

I want to produce a book without any page numbers, but can't find any way to do it.

Is it possible?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 3:29 PM

See discussion here and reply from vinnyvg

How do I remove page numbers?

3 replies

Feb 25, 2015 3:14 AM in response to Sparkleberry

Thanks for your reply, and the link to ‘how do i remove page numbers’.

However, whatever I try, the pages numbers are still there.

I have unchecked ‘Show page numbers in TOC’ - and they still appear in the thumbnails.

I have ‘Chapter & section numbers’ set to ‘None”, in the Inspector layout (Numbering) window. None of the settings for ‘page numbers’ here allow me to turn pagination off.

I’ve tried opening the template, as described in the link you posted, and I can’t make that work either. I can edit the template, so the page numbers disappear there, but the page numbers still show in the book.

My book is a very simple format, comprising of a TOC, one Section page, and over 20 pages based on the default template for a page.

I know turning off page numbering should be easy, but I can’t make it work at all.

Anyone any more ideas?

At the moment, all I can think off is manually ‘patching’ each one to make it invisible. But even that won’t fix the numbers appearing on the TOC thumbnails.

Feb 26, 2015 4:24 AM in response to citroenDS

Well I have made some good progress - thanks to Sparkleberry's link above.

It appears that yesterday I didn't have the template editing window open wide enough. As a result, the double-page style that was highlighted as in current use was incompletely shown. I think I was editing only the left hand page of the template, when I am using only the right hand page in the book.

When I cut the page number section from the relevant part of the template, all the page numbers disappeared from the book. Almost.

The original pagination is still there in the thumbnails at the bottom of the TOC spread. That would be helpful to readers if it's how I wanted the pagination to work. But what I would like to do is start the pagination at page 5 - after all the front matter (inside title page, foreword, notes etc). So page 5 in the makeup of the book, becomes page 1 to the reader.

I could do this manually, putting in the page numbers myself, if necessary. But it looks like the TOC page numbering would still be there, confusing everyone.

Anyone got any ideas on how to get around this, and achieve the pagination I want?

is it possible to remove all page numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.