Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resetting my outbound mail server

I am currently on a MacBook Air running 10.10.2

I just installed a new wifi router, and now none of the 3 Macs in the house (all different operating systems) allow me to send mail from Mail (version 8.2 only laptop) through my internet service provider. I talked at length with the provider, and verified that all the account settings are correct. He suggested that a directory file may have gotten altered during the router installation, or something along those lines. I have a Motorola cable modem that has worked fine for years, the new NetGear wifi router, and a Verizon/Samsung Wireless Network Extender hooked up, which also seems to be working fine.

How can I get my outbound mail working again?

Thank you

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 3:51 PM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2015 6:25 AM in response to Caboose440

Hey there Caboose440,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like you’re running into an issue sending mail from your Macs, and the issue isn’t related to the server settings because you’ve already verified that information with your Internet Service Provider. Take a look at the article linked below which provides troubleshooting suggestions and will help you gather more information about the issue.

Use Mail Connection Doctor - Apple Support

Take care,

-Jason

Mar 2, 2015 4:15 PM in response to Jason L

Jason,

Thanks for your support. Connection Doctor (which I had queried by the time you replied) told me the following:

READ Feb 25 18:25:09.765 [kCFStreamSocketSecurityLevelNone] -- host:smtp.zoominternet.net -- port:587 -- socket:0x6000002bd580 -- thread:0x60800127d880

550 5.7.1 [C18] RBL restriction: Blacklisted by Internal Reputation Service - 24.101.207.180

So, this IP address, and variations thereof, are blacklisted. When I go into the NetGear set-up site, this IP is listed as a static Internet IP Address, though dynamic addressing is selected. (Have tried repeatedly, and the address does not change) It's unclear to me whether this has anything to do with us changing our wi-fi router. I'm continuing similar correspondence with NetGear help.

Scott

Resetting my outbound mail server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.