Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot install iTunes 12.1.1.x64

for weeks now I have been unable to install the latest iTunes update. I decided to uninstall iTunes and reinstall. Now I am unable to install iTunes. I have tried everything suggested, uninstalled all security software (now reinstalled) and uninstalled the following program files as suggested in a response by turingtest2 which I found on the Apple Support Community. Nothing worked. I am running Vista (Windows 7) on a 6 year old PC.

Program files uninstalled on C: drive are

Bonjour

Common Files \ Apple

iPod

iTunes

During the install I receive the same error message 4 times when it reaches "validating install" - Status: updating component registration

Key not valid for use in specified state

Can someone help me here? I got to have my music and the ability to update my iPhone and iPad

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 4:41 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 6:29 AM in response to quaxo1007

Hey quaxo1007,

I see that you may be experiencing some issues in your attempts to install iTunes on your computer. Based on the message you received, I have an article you may want to look at that can help you address this message:

"Could not open key" message when installing iTunes or Apple components for Windows - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203460

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

cannot install iTunes 12.1.1.x64

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.