Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMAC OS Yosemite 10.10.2 (cd stuck in superdrive)

Hi All,

I have an iMac, (20" Early 2009) running OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

It has an Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.66 GHz 8GB Memory (DDR3)

NVIDIA GeForce 9400 ( VRAM 256MB)

SuperDrive Shipped by Apple

Now, this is my problem. My Superdrive will not eject the disk. A while back I was going through some old music disks I had burnt years ago. At the time I thought I was so cool as I designed and plastered the face of the disk with a sticky cover telling anyone who cared it's exact contents. Now when I try to eject, I simply hear a fluttering sound. I have used every suggestion I could find including Kappy's post Feb 17, 2015 (5 Ways to Eject a Stuck CD or DVD) to get this darn thing to pop out, but I think the paper has frazzled causing the jam. Any suggestions? Weets

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), It has an Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.66

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 4:56 PM

2 replies

Feb 24, 2015 5:03 PM in response to weets57

For starters you should never put anything sticking on CDs or DVDs because they spin fast enough to cause the labels to come off in the optical drive. In addition even if they don't come off and jamming everything up, the bits and pieces can really play havoc with the optics in the drive.

Now the only two alternatives you have are to either disassembly it or replace it. Disassembly of the optical drive is not going to be easy. I vote for replacement.

IMAC OS Yosemite 10.10.2 (cd stuck in superdrive)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.