Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipod nano 7th gen. can I listen to audio bks ? if so how sync from laptop to nano

just bought a nano 7th generation. have synced my music, and thought I could listen to audio bks on it. am I wrong? if can, how do I get the audio books from the apple laptop to the nano. I have some download from libravox that i can see in itunes but i cant see where to sync audiobks to nanl.

appreciate any help you can give. thanks (all my system and itunes up to date)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 6:47 AM

From what I can tell you would need to download an audio book from the iTunes Store for it to be displayed in the Audiobooks section of iTunes, which you could then sync to your iPod. I have some books I downloaded from Books Should Be Free a while ago and they are in my iTunes Music Library. I have tried adding one of those to "Audiobooks" but to no avail. The workaround I came up with is to make a Music Playlist as the Title of the book then add the book to the playlist, which I can then sync to my iPod. Subsequently, I will have a playlist for each book title, and in the case of what I downloaded, chapters within each playlist.

I also looked up Librivox in the iTunes Store and the only thing I could come up with are Podcasts, iPhone apps, and iPad apps. I've searched for free audiobooks in the iTunes Store but I didn't find any. The iTunes Store has free books, but they would show up in iBooks.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2015 6:47 AM in response to Sue brown1

From what I can tell you would need to download an audio book from the iTunes Store for it to be displayed in the Audiobooks section of iTunes, which you could then sync to your iPod. I have some books I downloaded from Books Should Be Free a while ago and they are in my iTunes Music Library. I have tried adding one of those to "Audiobooks" but to no avail. The workaround I came up with is to make a Music Playlist as the Title of the book then add the book to the playlist, which I can then sync to my iPod. Subsequently, I will have a playlist for each book title, and in the case of what I downloaded, chapters within each playlist.

I also looked up Librivox in the iTunes Store and the only thing I could come up with are Podcasts, iPhone apps, and iPad apps. I've searched for free audiobooks in the iTunes Store but I didn't find any. The iTunes Store has free books, but they would show up in iBooks.

Feb 26, 2015 5:47 PM in response to montyspyder

thanks so much. that really helped. I wondered abt the same solution that you came up with and glad to hear you suggest it. I do know that I have some meditation tapes that I had previously loaded into iTunes and those WERE ABLE to sync and successfully can listen to. So I bet your suggestion will work. I had a feeling that it would be limited to applestore downloads which is tooo bad as some of the old classics are free from libravox. but o well at least I'll be able to bok listen . thanks so much for your reply

Sue B

USA

ipod nano 7th gen. can I listen to audio bks ? if so how sync from laptop to nano

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.