Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

red circle around mouse when click

The only way I can find to make a red circle pulse around your mouse when you click (for recording videos) is to spend $99.00 ion screen flow. That's not going to happen. Is there truly no other little free or almost free app out there that does this? I do not want an app that puts a circle around your mouse all the time. Lots of those. I want one that only puts an animated circle around your cursor when you click your mouse.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 4:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 9:59 AM

I can't recommend any of the free apps, they either don't offer the behaviour you are looking for, are unsupported, or exhibit inconsistent behaviour.

Of the paid apps, the best fit is likely PinPoint Mouse Enhancer by Lagente Software. The "Click Wave" pointer is closest to what you are looking for. Two other pointers that may be of interest are "Pulsing Circle with Click Wave" and "Circle with Visual Click". There are 28 pointers available, plus 1 additional custom one.

You can download a 7 day trial or purchase from their website. Optionally, you can buy the app from the Mac App Store. An intro screencast is available to watch.

Click Wave looks like this:

User uploaded file

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2015 9:59 AM in response to ccrookston

I can't recommend any of the free apps, they either don't offer the behaviour you are looking for, are unsupported, or exhibit inconsistent behaviour.

Of the paid apps, the best fit is likely PinPoint Mouse Enhancer by Lagente Software. The "Click Wave" pointer is closest to what you are looking for. Two other pointers that may be of interest are "Pulsing Circle with Click Wave" and "Circle with Visual Click". There are 28 pointers available, plus 1 additional custom one.

You can download a 7 day trial or purchase from their website. Optionally, you can buy the app from the Mac App Store. An intro screencast is available to watch.

Click Wave looks like this:

User uploaded file

red circle around mouse when click

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.