Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My touchscreen is not working properly?!

My phone is still working but it is acting really weird. Whenever I try to unlock my phone, it does not respond, I cannot unlock it by swiping, I can only use my thumbprint. Then once I am into the home screen the screen is frozen. I then have to lock my screen and do the thumbprint again before it will work or let me access anything. There are a few other weird things it is doing, but mostly this is the biggest problem. When someone calls I can't swipe to answer, I have to wait and do the unlocking process and then call them back. Any idea of what is going on or what I can do?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 6:36 PM

1 reply

Feb 24, 2015 9:06 PM in response to kristielee051

See my emphasis from Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

Get help with Touch ID

Make sure that you're using the latest version of iOS. (iOS 8.1.3)
Make sure that your fingers and the Home button are clean and dry.*
Cover the Home button completely. Don't tap too quickly, don't press down hard, and don't move your finger while Touch ID is scanning. Make sure that your finger touches the metal ring around the Home button.
If you're using a case or screen protector, make sure it doesn't cover the Home button or the surrounding ring. If it does, remove the case or screen protector and try again.
Tap Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and make sure that iPhone Unlock or iTunes & App Store is on. Also make sure that you've enrolled one or more fingerprints.
Try enrolling a different finger.
If you can't enroll any of your fingers, take your device to an Apple Retail Store, Apple Authorized Service Provider, or contact AppleCare for help.
* Moisture, lotions, sweat, oils, cuts, or dry skin might affect fingerprint recognition. Certain activities can also temporarily affect fingerprint recognition, including exercising, showering, swimming, cooking, or other conditions or changes that affect your fingerprint.

ÇÇÇ

My touchscreen is not working properly?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.