Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can you tell photo quality is good for large photo books

I want to make a large photo book (13 X 10) and I have a good quality camera, but how do I tell the photos are good enough to blow up to that size.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 7:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 8:45 PM

I want to make a large photo book (13 X 10) and I have a good quality camera, but how do I tell the photos are good enough to blow up to that size

With a bit of arithmetic. Check the pixel size of your photos.

To print a good quality book you will need at least 200 pixels per inch to get the necessary dpi in the printout.

So your photos should have a pixel size of at least 13 x 200 by 10 x 200 = 2600 x 2000 pixels.

Check the Info panel for the pixel sizes of your selected photos.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 24, 2015 8:45 PM in response to AnneWilson

I want to make a large photo book (13 X 10) and I have a good quality camera, but how do I tell the photos are good enough to blow up to that size

With a bit of arithmetic. Check the pixel size of your photos.

To print a good quality book you will need at least 200 pixels per inch to get the necessary dpi in the printout.

So your photos should have a pixel size of at least 13 x 200 by 10 x 200 = 2600 x 2000 pixels.

Check the Info panel for the pixel sizes of your selected photos.

User uploaded file

How can you tell photo quality is good for large photo books

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.