Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I turn on MBP, Cinema Display does not turn on until I login using the MBP.

GRRRR HELP! Interesting thing is that after a software update (to OS) when MBP restarts, the cinema display DOES turn on for that one time with the login screen. Is this a setting that I'm missing? It's frustrating since I use my MBP/Cinema Display as a desktop 99% of the time. Having to move my external keyboard and other things to access the MBP keyboard just to login so then the Cinema Display wakes up is a pain in the butt.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 7:52 PM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2015 7:17 AM in response to changolove

Hi changolove,

I see that you are experiencing an issue with the screen behavior of your MacBook Pro and its interaction with your Cinema Display. I understand that this can be frustrating, and I want to provide you with some steps that can help you troubleshoot this issue, such as the steps in the following article:

OS X Yosemite: Reset your computer’s PRAM

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH18761

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities. Have a good one!

-Braden

When I turn on MBP, Cinema Display does not turn on until I login using the MBP.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.