Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook 13" Keyboard/Trackpad not working

Hi there,

I have a 2006-2009 (this was given to me by a friend, so I am unsure of the year) Macbook white 13". The computer was given to me completely destroyed, so I decided to do some self-repairs (If it broke, no loss, if I fixed it, a huge gain) and successfully got it back alive. Last week, I ordered a RAM upgrade (4gb), but the company seemed to have sent me the wrong item, as what I had didn't fit. So I decided to disassemble my MacBook (as I have done many times before) and check the RAM ports, to make sure the RAM didn't fit. The company DID send me the wrong item. I reassembled my MacBook, and turned on the computer, to find neither my trackpad or my keyboard working! I took apart the computer once more (to ensure the connector was properly in its socket) and pressed the cable in as hard as I could (without breaking anything)! No difference. I did notice i had some trouble getting my current 1gb RAM card in the slot it was in, so I switched to the other slot. The MacBook DOES power on, WITH THE INSTALLED POWER BUTTON, on the keyboard. I have tried resetting PRAM with my wireless keyboard, and the built-in. The PRAM would not reset (Obviously, the wireless does not have the command key, and the Macbook keybord didn't work).

Please help!

Thanks,

Logan

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 8:34 PM

There are no replies.

MacBook 13" Keyboard/Trackpad not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.