Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I get my airport extreme to communicate with our new Arris Modem/Router from Comcast - we already have the Arris on Bridge Mode

We were in the local apple store replacing the hard drive on our old IMac....when I explained that we were having trouble with our Airport Extreme, the gentleman at the genius bar asked if we were running two wifi hubs ( the apple and the comcast )...we were, he suggested we contact comcast and have them turn our wifi hub off, so we could use the apple extreme airport base....I did that tonight - they put the Arris cable modem/router on "bridge mode", but now I can't get on the internet...

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.5), apple tv

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 2:55 AM

Power off the Arris modem.. wait for 20min.. to turn it back on.

In the meantime..

Reset the TC to factory and make sure it is now in DHCP and NAT mode on the network tab and in dhcp on the internet tab..

You are changing the network layout completely.. so this will take a major setup change.

3 replies

How can I get my airport extreme to communicate with our new Arris Modem/Router from Comcast - we already have the Arris on Bridge Mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.