Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

More images for Export than in actual library

In looking to migrate over to LightRoom I downloaded a demo version of ApertureExporter. Also, I tried an experiment using LR5 and it's new Aperture Import utility.

In both cases I see something I want to understand. My Aperture library shows 44k photos, but when using either the AExporter app or the LR5 Import tool both suggest I have 55k photos.

Before attempting to use either process I did a rebuild of the .aplibrary just in case there were any subtle issues. I know that I'm not missing anything, especially some 12k photos! Does anyone know what these tools are seeing behind the scenes?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), 2.6MHz; 16GB; 1TB SSD; M750;

Posted on Feb 24, 2015 10:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 5:50 AM

The problem is that "photos" has no fixed meaning.

Just guessing here.

Places to look in Aperture for the thousands more reported by the other programs:

- the Aperture Trash

- inside Stacks

- Images rated "rejected"

- as Images with adjustments (counted separately from the Image's Original)

(Added:)

This recent post attempts to explain the relationship between Images and files in Aperture, and touches on the difficulty of transitioning from one database to another.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2015 5:50 AM in response to bobbyco57

The problem is that "photos" has no fixed meaning.

Just guessing here.

Places to look in Aperture for the thousands more reported by the other programs:

- the Aperture Trash

- inside Stacks

- Images rated "rejected"

- as Images with adjustments (counted separately from the Image's Original)

(Added:)

This recent post attempts to explain the relationship between Images and files in Aperture, and touches on the difficulty of transitioning from one database to another.

Feb 25, 2015 9:16 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

Kirby, thank you very much for this.

My Trash is empty, and no rejected.

I've probably got a couple hundred in stacks

It's the last one that really explains it for me, Images with Adjustments.

FWIW, in my experimenting I am leaning towards the $15 ApertureExporter utility over the free solution now included in LightRoom 5. The LR5 tool generates many discrepancies not imported that I could not find a common problem with. The text log showed over 3k items not imported.

Once imported I"m going to run Parallel for quite a while while I learn LR5.

Thanks again.

More images for Export than in actual library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.