Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Multiple songs are played in one track on iPod

Hi,

I checked "songs mixed up" related posts, but it didn't sounded like exactly same as my problem.

My case is below.

1. One song / music starts.

2. Some minutes / seconds later, different song / music starts for some seconds (like 5-10 seconds)

3. Then, go back to first song / music.

4. 2 & 3 are repeated with random song / music from random playlist.

I saw a solution for mixed songs problem by removing some iTune files, but this happened with my fresh PC with freshly created iTune library, with refreshed iPod with latest OS.

Anybody has same type of issue or any suggested solution?

Thanks!

iPod classic

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 5:11 AM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 8:01 AM in response to miko.szy

Hey miko.szy,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, a song will stop playing and play a different song then come back to the original song. The problem is only with songs once they are on the iPod. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read these articles, they may be helpful in troubleshooting your issue.

Troubleshooting songs that skip on iPod

Avoid shaking iPod

iPod provides skip protection by playing music from its solid-state cache. When all the music stored in the cache has played, iPod's hard drive copies more music to the cache. Shaking iPod while the hard drive is copying music can cause songs to skip.

Reset iPod

Resetting iPod can sometimes help. When you reset iPod all your songs and files are saved, but some customized settings may be lost.

Restore iPod

If all the songs you play skip and their file sizes are small, you may need to restore iPod. Warning: The restore process cannot be undone. All the songs and files on your iPod will be deleted. Always keep a backup of your important files. Content in your iTunes Library will not be affected by restoring your iPod.

iPod: Skips to the Next Song

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

Multiple songs are played in one track on iPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.