Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Mismatch of Sync space compared to desktop

Perceived problem:

• iPad says I have 8.7 GB free.
  • Desktop, while connection to iPad, says there ought to be ~20 GB free.

I don’t know what’s correct!

At one point some time ago, I suffered brain fade & synced my music to the iPad sloppily.

That put duplicates onto the iPad & other audio files that didn’t need to be there.

I cleaned this up [ostensibly] by syncing only checked music. However, nothing appears to have changed in the feedback.

Ideas?

OS X Yosemite (10.10.2), iPad

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 5:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 2:37 PM

UPDATE:

Something must not be clearing or syncing correctly in the music files.

To test - I deleted a local copy of Keynote app, which has never been used on the iPad - and the memory count changed appropriate to the deletion.

It still shows a significantly wrong memory disparity about music content, if I can assume the restructure of music happened as I intended.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2015 2:37 PM in response to CroMagnum

UPDATE:

Something must not be clearing or syncing correctly in the music files.

To test - I deleted a local copy of Keynote app, which has never been used on the iPad - and the memory count changed appropriate to the deletion.

It still shows a significantly wrong memory disparity about music content, if I can assume the restructure of music happened as I intended.

iPad Mismatch of Sync space compared to desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.