Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit wav files on my mac air?

Hi Im new to the site and to mac. Can anyone help me edit a simple wav file on my mac air? I've found plenty of blogs which say I can use quick time app but when I open mine, there are no options to edit or do anything other than play and record. Confused!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 8:38 AM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2015 9:41 AM in response to lyndafromkingston

Hi lyndafromkingston,

I see that you would like more information about editing files in QuickTime. Here is an article for you that can give you some steps to help you accomplish this:

Mac Basics: QuickTime Player creates, plays, edits, and shares video and audio files - Apple Support

http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201066

Editing content

QuickTime Player lets you easily edit content you've created or downloaded. You can trim, combine, and rearrange clips. When you're done, just save or export your finished video.

Trimming

To remove unwanted footage from your media:

1. Open the file in QuickTime Player.
  2. Choose Edit > Trim. The trimming bar appears.
  3. To select the portion of the recording you want to keep, drag the yellow trimming bar handles to the left and right as desired.
  4. When you are satisfied with your selection area, click Trim. The unwanted footage outside the the yellow trimming bar is removed.

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Cheers,

Braden

How do I edit wav files on my mac air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.