Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone4s wifi and cellular problems after ios 8.1.3 upgrade

I was able to update my iphone 4s 16GB to ios 8.1.2 with no issue and phone was working great. Same goes for my iPad 4th gen. Since updating to IOS 8.1.3 there have been nothing but problems.

- apps closing for now reason

- wifi very slow (full bars)

- cellular very slow (full bars)

- youtube not working on ipad at all

- other noticible glitches

my husband has the iPhone4s 8GB and is still using ios 7, he will try to open a web page on my phone then his own - it loads much faster on his. We are both on the same network.

I am that annoyed with this lastest upgrade that I will be switching to a galaxy S5 in the next few weeks.

I have been a big apple supporter but this latest update is totally useless and has rendered my iPhone and my sons iPad useless. We certainly didn't pay the price for these products to end up with cheap garbage

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 4:46 AM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2015 5:00 AM in response to newfie_upset

There is nothing in iOS 8.1.3 versus iOS 8.1.2 that would account for your problems. It was a small stability update:

8.1.3 Release

This release includes bug fixes, increased stability and performance improvements, including:

• Reduces the amount of storage required to perform a software update
  • Fixes an issue that prevented some users from entering their Apple ID password for Messages and FaceTime
  • Addresses an issue that caused Spotlight to stop displaying app results
  • Fixes an issue which prevented multitasking gestures from working on iPad
  • Adds new configuration options for education standardized testing
  • For information on the security content of this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1222

The problems that you are having are likely caused by something going awry during the update process.

I suggest doing a restore to Factory on your iPhone 4. See here:

Use iTunes to restore your iOS device to factory settings - Apple Support

Mar 16, 2015 10:35 AM in response to newfie_upset

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have had my iphone4s for 3yrs now. A year ago the battery was changed and the phone has worked perfectly well up until 2 weeks ago when the phone prompted me to upgrade the iOS. Since then I have had no end of problems with the phone, starting with the loss of the WiFi feature, then No Sim to finally Connect to iTunes.

After numerous calls we finally got an appointment at the apple store in Southampton today. The customer service we received was shocking. After taking it out the case, the assistant asked if I had a problem with him taking out the back for inspection. After 10mins he came back and instantly stated the phone had been tampered with. Despite explaining that the battery had been changed ages ago and all the problems had only started since the update, he wasnt interested!! The phone was handed back to me and I was told it was now working, however because the battery had been changed unearthed this had caused damage to the motherboard hence loss of the WiFi feature. Again I tried to explain that the WiFi had worked perfectly since the battery was changed and only greyed out after the update, but to no avail. I was told there was nothing else they could do and that was that. I then went to the phone to check it contents before leaving only to discovered that whilst the assistant was away with the phone, to get it working it had been reset back to factory setting without doing a back up and all my personal data had been erased. This was done without permission. When I question this I was told it was the only way to get the phone functioning again!!

I am in absolute total shock. Since this update I have lost features on my internet phone, most notably the internet feature and now having gone to the people I thought I could most trust to rectify the problem, Im left with a wiped phone, no contacts, no personal data.

The internet is absolutely filled with people who have encounted the same problems. I am really disappointed with apples lack of responsibility in owning up for their infected update that has damaged so many of the phone, without any sign of remorse and instead just looking for get outs which left me leaving their store feeling as if this was my fault, when all this happened after the iOS update.

I have long been a supporter of apple products and was due to upgrade my 4s to a 5, howver after this mistreating and loss in trust in their support, I will never again purchase one of their products.

Please all of you that read this, if prompted, DO NOT UPDATE SOFTWARE FROM iOS7.1.2 TO 8.1.1....it will ruin your phone and apple quite clearly dont care!!!!

iPhone4s wifi and cellular problems after ios 8.1.3 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
    A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.