Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I drag and drop files between computers when using Home Sharing in ITunes?

How can I drag music files between computers while using Home Sharing? An older version of ITunes had a Home Sharing icon in the column browser near the playlist so it was easy to drag and drop.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 6:59 AM

2 replies

Feb 26, 2015 12:28 PM in response to Matt_M.

I can only import music from ITunes not music from my downloaded CDs. The import option is only available for purchases. One of the earlier versions of ITunes had the Home Sharing logo in the sidebar that you could click on, locate the person you were trying to share with and drag any files to their ITunes. Is this not possible anymore?

How do I drag and drop files between computers when using Home Sharing in ITunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.