Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imessage on macbook pro

I have a macbook pro. When I updated to Yosemite, I got the imessages app and found that I was receiving text messages both on my iphone and my macbook. I am not sure when happened but that stopped. I would like to get my text messages on my computer and my phone again. how do i do this?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 7:48 AM

2 replies

Mar 14, 2015 6:29 AM in response to Linc Davis

iMessage was working smoothly on my iPhone/iPad and Mac, with my phone number; however, for some reason, my Mac and my iPad no longer allow me to include (or modify to) my phone number. I have tried to log off, log in (on both FaceTime and iMessage, on both devices), reset (hard and soft on my iPad), turned off and on iCloud...nothing.

Both Mac and iPad remain exclusively linked to my Apple ID which I never used before for iMessage.

My iPhone is logged in with my Apple ID and I choose to use my phone number, NOT my Apple ID.

My frustration is exacerbated as I have followed all the examples but then find I do not have the same screenshots as the links show ("Start responses from" (see below). Also, I cannot add my phone number when it says "Add an email". It keeps telling me to log in with my Apple ID (which I already did) while on my Mac it asked me to log into my iPhone via my Apple ID to include the phone number to be used on my Mac...but since I already did that, why is my Mac not "synching"? Same for my iPad?

iPhone 3GS 6.1.6

iPad 8.2 (updated last night after the problems started)

Macbook 10.10.2

User uploaded file

imessage on macbook pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.