Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth Audio Blasts White Noise

I have a Macbook Pro and when I listen to music via bluetooth (headphones, speakers, etc.) it eventually glitches and then blasts white noise. Anyone know what the problem is?

By the way, I don't experience this problem when using the same bluetooth devices with my iPhone.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 9:15 AM

6 replies

Feb 27, 2015 10:21 PM in response to JORDAN26

the problem is that 10.10.2 is a piece of junk. look through the discussions, and there are already a number of them mentioning this. in all the posts i've read, this started with that update. amazing that apple can cause a problem that can both damage hearing and equipment, and after a month still nothing. i've had it happen about 5 times today. add to that, my bluetooth keyboard has disconnected and reconnected 30 times, often consecutively.

the only fix is disconnect the device, and reconnect. or, if you just mute audio and wait a number of minutes it is usually gone after un-muting. 10.10.2 is a failure. fingers crossed 10.10.3 fixes it. hope my speakers don't blowout in the meantime.

Bluetooth Audio Blasts White Noise

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.