Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why can't I get Itunes 12 to work on Windows 10

I can install ITunes but when I go to open it or run it, I refuses to open. ITunes 12 should be supported on the new windows 10 tech preview. Let me know what you guys can give me to help fix this issue. I've tried running it as administrator like other forms have said to do and that still doesn't work.

Windows Laptop-OTHER, Other OS, WIndows 10 Tech preview

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 9:55 AM

18 replies

May 31, 2017 8:39 PM in response to bobbywiliam75

I still have the same problem that you have, but I can run it as administrator... Don't know why... But if you HAVE TO run it, like I did (was DJing in the evening), you might try to right-click, than use the 'plus...' menu, and 'Execute as administrator'.

It did the job, so I made it 'always execute as an administrator' :

To mark iTunes to always run as an administrator, do the following:
1. In your Program Files, locate iTunes.exe.
2. Right-click the application’s shortcut, and then click Properties.
3. In the Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.
4. Do one of the following:

• To apply the setting to the currently logged-on user, select the Run This Program As An Administrator check box, and then click OK.
  • To apply the setting to all users on the computer and regardless of which shortcut is used to start the application, click Change Setting For All Users to display the Properties dialog box for the application’s .exe file, select the Run This Program As An Administrator check box, and then click OK twice.

Thanks to : Configure Applications to Always Run as an Administrator

Jun 18, 2017 4:58 AM in response to bobbywiliam75

Why can't you get it working, because iTunes is garbage, always has been and always will be. Apple really do not care about you and I having to struggle through using this crap, it is getting to the point where I am thinking of giving up on Apple.

Why won't they fix the issues, why do they leave us on here pondering and trying to solve their issues? I love my Laptops, desktops and my phones, but what is the point of having a phone if I can't sync the **** thing with the proprietary software?

Jun 18, 2017 7:00 AM in response to turingtest2

Maybe, but the topic is relevant to my issue..

I have no problem now, after running the software as an administrator it works, but now it does not see my phone... the simple fix was to remove iTunes, delete all the folders and other garbage it installed, remove all other Apple products off of my machine and leave it just like that.

I have battled with iTunes since it first came out, I am tired of being the Apple guinea pig and fighting for help from them. I am done with it, done with being a loyal Apple user. The frustrations from this software is just ridiculous and I am sure someone will come in a flame me for it... I don't care, in fact I care about as much as Apple does.

Probably just going to drop the Apple phone and get a Pixel, might not be as great as the iPhone, but I will never have to worry about iTunes again... lol

Oct 1, 2017 11:20 PM in response to bobbywiliam75

I dont have any problem getting itunes 12 to operate in windows 10 but the **** will not connect to the store.

Also it will not connect to the apple update server. Makes itunes virtually useless to me my friends an I are

thinking about going to android as Apple does not seem to know what the **** they are doing. The screw their **** up then want to charge me for support. They can stick all their **** up their ***.

I have been working at this for two weeks now with every vershion of 12 they created, But none of then will connect

to the update server or the store it is just ****

Oct 1, 2017 11:31 PM in response to turingtest2

Buddy I have tons of space. Itunes 12 is for windows 7 or later. To the best of my knowledge 10 comes after 7 making it later. Apple just has to put **** out that works instead of making users pay for their support scam. It is cheaper to buy a good Android throw my Apple **** in the garbage so know obe uses it. Than payin $265 upto $350 for their support to fix their itunes **** ups.The people I know alone number over 500 apple users looking to throw the **** in the garbage. Apple better find their way soon or they will be going the sam way as RIM down the tubes.

Feb 25, 2015 11:50 AM in response to bobbywiliam75

Windows 10 isn't yet released or listed as a supported platform for iTunes.

Windows System Requirements

• PC with a 1GHz Intel or AMD processor and 512MB of RAM
  • Windows XP Service Pack 3 or later, 32-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8
  • 64-bit editions of Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8 require the iTunes 64-bit installer
  • 400MB of available disk space
  • Broadband Internet connection to use the iTunes Store

You may find this version installs and works as expected, but no promises.

iTunes for Windows (64-bit — for older video cards)

tt2

Feb 28, 2015 7:53 PM in response to bobbywiliam75

I had this same experience and searched all over looking for a solution. In my case the problem was a recent AMD video driver update.

If you think that might be the case for you go to Control Panel / Device Manager / Display Adapter. Double-click on your video driver in the list (mine is an AMD Radeon HD 5570), click Driver in the tabs at the top, then click the Roll Back Driver button. Doing that immediately fixed iTunes 12 for me on Windows 10.

Hope this helps.

Joel Risberg

Aug 10, 2015 2:46 AM in response to bobbywiliam75

Bobby you need to set your Itunes to work with windows 7.

I'll walk you though it.

Find your Itunes install in windows 10 (Usually in programs x86 in your windows main hard drive)

right click the Itunes.exe and click on troubleshoot compatibility and set it to windows 7 with admin permissions

You won't get locked disk or used by another program errors anymore, it should just start.
the internet is useless so I tried my self and guess I hit the nail on the head first go.

Cheers

Regards From

Dubzac

Aug 21, 2015 10:55 AM in response to Dubzac

I tried doing this because iTunes 12 isn't working on Windows 10 POST-LAUNCH. It was working the first week or two but has since failed to open up. I tried restarting, repairing, compatibility modes... nothing works. About ready to finally ditch all things Apple as this is the last bastion of loyalty (iPod and iTunes for all music related stuff). Any other suggestions before I uninstall and move to Groove Music?

Aug 21, 2015 11:03 AM in response to cschroeder86

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, need to revert to an older version or want to try the iTunes for Windows (64-bit - for older video cards) release as a workaround for installation or performance issues, or compatibility with QuickTime or third party software.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are also links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

If the issue persists and you have a 64-bit system try the for older video cards version which is a 64-bit installer for mostly 32-bit code, similar to all 64-bit versions of iTunes up to 12.1.

tt2

Why can't I get Itunes 12 to work on Windows 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.