Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Auto correct

Since the new OS came out my auto correct *****. It will pick incorrect spelling of words and then tell me they are spelled wrong! i.e. I misspelled "was" I spelled it "ws" so auto correct fixed it to "wS". How does that improve the situation? I didn't seem to have this problem before the last OS upgrade. Any one else have this problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 7:57 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 11:12 AM in response to Drbell

iOS 8.1.3 has seriously broken what used to be a perfect when it comes to auto-correct.

I tried:

• resetting the learned dictionary's that has been with me since 2011
  • reset all settings
  • throwing away my bumper case
  • looking into 3rd party keyboards however opted to not go in this direction once it became clear they are unstable at best

Next step will be to take to Apple Store and ask them to downgrade to 8.1.2 and just cross fingers hoping

that my device will not be a victim of exploitation of known security flaw(s).

The level of frustration of having to backspace and retype every third word is quite surprising, unfortunately this is not an issue that can be ignored until further updates possibly improve it.

Auto correct

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.