Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

inbound email with Yahoo stopped working

Yesterday, my inbound email with Yahoo stopped working.after 10:10 AM EST. Outbound works fine. My gmail account works fine. Inbound email with Yahoo on my Android phone works fine. I have reentered all my credentials in the mail settings for yahoo but this has not helped.I do not want to delete the account and create a new one as I don't want to lose my current email in the sent folder.Any other suggestions?

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 9:05 AM

6 replies

Feb 25, 2015 9:32 AM in response to razmee209

Thanks for the reply. I do not believe this is a yahoo problem. I have already contacted them and they are not experiencing any problems and it is working on my Android phone. Since I cannot see POP settings for Yahoo (only SMTP) I cannot see if they are correct or reenter a password.I just set up a new mail account in the ipad, and it is now working correctly. I think the problem has to do with the apple pop settings and my business yahoo pop settings. Although I have been using it this way for 2 years and this is the first time I experienced this problem😕.

Feb 25, 2015 10:38 AM in response to mdpigroaster

I've had yahoo for years, and yahoo on my iPad or iPod for years and I've experienced random outages. Sometimes it's via my computer, sometimes it's via my iPad or iPod.

Most issues resolve themselves in a few days, others are cured by deleting/readding the info.

Although neither Apple or Yahoo will ever admit it, I tend to believe that it's Yahoo's issue, simply because if it were Apple's then there would be a lot more people with issues than the random issues we see here. My theory is as Yahoo works on/messes with the server that holds your mail, you will have issues.

If you're not willing to delete/re-add then you may just have to wait and see if it fixes itself. Or you may need the work around of using yahoo's app or accessing your mail via safari and yahoo's mobile site

inbound email with Yahoo stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.