Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have bought original lightning to user cable from apple store, but my iphone 5s is showing error that cable or accessory is not certified, please suggest the resolution

I have bought original lightning to USB cable from apple store, but my iphone 5s is showing error that cable or accessory is not certified, please suggest the resolution.

Model :- Iphone 5s

IOS 8.1.3

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 10:28 AM

1 reply

Feb 25, 2015 10:33 AM in response to eshaan88

Generally, errors like this are linked to some type of debris in the charging port. Check that area with a flashlight and see if you see any dirt or lint there. If so, you can use a soft bristle toothbrush or a wooden toothpick to clear it out. Do not use metal and be careful as you probe in there to prevent bending any of the metal contacts. You can use a can of compressed air afterwards to blow out anything you might dislodge.

I have bought original lightning to user cable from apple store, but my iphone 5s is showing error that cable or accessory is not certified, please suggest the resolution

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.