Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Configurator / lockdown issues

Hi,

I'm fairly new to the iOS world and have a few questions. Recently I've added a library of 16 iPad's (iPad Air iOS 8) that will be used in our production facility. The users of the tablets "like to play" so I have to lock down the tablets pretty tight. I have a 20 unit charging / syncing station connected to a MacBook Air. I've been using Apple Configurator where I have used a combination of a profile and the "Lock to App" option in Supervise mode. Right now I am only allowing Safari to run, and am only allowing access to 2 websites (I know, it sounds kind of boring).

I'm successful at locking down the iPad's but have noticed 2 different issues:

1) When I use the "Find my iPhone" utility, the iPad's show up on the map, but if I choose to "play a sound", no sound comes from the iPad. I'm really counting on this to work. We have a large facility and it would be ideal if we could "play a sound" to find a device.

2) When I apply the restrictions the screen looks great. Once the screen turns off and I turn it back on again, I notice a change in the "banner" across the top of the screen (battery meter, clock, wifi symbol, etc.). all of the text turns white and blends into the ribbon background. It makes it hard to read the battery meter. After the profile is originally applied the text is black. Once it turns off and back on again, it turns white.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

iPad Air, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 9:40 AM

1 reply

Configurator / lockdown issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.