Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo albums stalled following restore from iCloud

What should I do to cancel this stalled download without losing what has already been downloaded

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 9:42 AM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2015 10:49 AM in response to Kassih

Hi Kassih,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you have started restoring your iPad from an iCloud backup and it seems that your photos have stalled. When restoring from an iCloud backup, the process can take a longer time than you would expect. For more information, please review the attached article.

Get help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

The restore process is taking a long time to finish

The amount of time needed by the restore process depends on your geographical location and the speed of your Internet connection. Even with a fast Internet connection, the restore process might take 1 to 4 hours per gigabyte to complete.

If you're traveling between countries, the restore process might take longer than usual. iCloud is tuned to provide the best service when you're in the geographical location from which you most frequently connect to the Internet. When restoring from an iCloud backup, iCloud is tuned to provide the best service in the geographical region you were in when you created the backup.

Best regards,

Joe

Feb 28, 2015 11:37 AM in response to Kassih

Hello Kassih,

I can understand the frustration of waiting for your music to download after restoring from an iCloud backup. Before eracing your device, use the information located in the attached article to verify that the restore has indeed completed.

Get help restoring from an iCloud backup - Apple Support

How can I make sure that the restore process is underway?

Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup (In iOS 7, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup). When the restore process is underway, the iCloud Backup setting dims and you have the option to tap Stop Restoring.

If the option to Stop Restoring is still available, the restore has not yet finished.

Cheers,

JOe

Photo albums stalled following restore from iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.