Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't connect iPhoto to iCloud

I've been having problems getting my iCloud photostream to show up on my work iMac (everything's fine on the home iMac). I've enabled iCloud in iPhoto and when I go to the preferences and click "My Photo Stream" the checkbox clicks and then unclicks!

When I see the iCloud icon on the left menu and click it, it the main area tells me I'm logged in and there are two buttons: No Thanks and Use iCloud. When I click on Use iCloud, the button changes color to indicate the action but nothing happens. Nothing at all.

I need some help. Thanks.

iPhoto '11, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 10:01 AM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2015 10:32 AM in response to outtacontext

Try the following:

1 - delete the iPhoto preference file, com.apple.iPhoto.plist, that resides in your

User/Home/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete the contents the following folder: User/Library/Containers/com.apple.iPhoto

User uploaded file

3 - reboot, launch iPhoto and try again.

NOTE: For Mavericks and Yosemite, go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring the this window:

User uploaded file

where you can check the Show Library Folder checkbox.

User uploaded file

Can't connect iPhoto to iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.