Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OS v10.7 support

Is Lion still being supported with security updates for us Mac Pro 1.1 users?

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mac Pro 1.1

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 10:48 AM

Probably not, but nobody on these boards can give a definitive answer; the last security update for it came out on Sep 29, 2014.

(123111)

3 replies

Feb 25, 2015 4:32 PM in response to straycat23

Hi:

To be completely honest, I've gone through using support HERE since taking an interest in fiddling with my G3 jelly macs way back in the mid-2000s and have ALWAYS found that someone here knows what to do. After a couple of times trying to ask Apple proper for support, i gave up. I realized that no matter how well they train their assistants (geniuses), none will have: 1) the combined knowledge of the online support community 2) none have ever demonstrated the breadth and depth of knowledge that many of ASC board's more learned members-like niel and kappy, for example, do. When i see trouble or have any question regarding my OSs or system software, this is the first place I come. There hasn't been a question (today might be the first time) the ASC hasn't been able to answer.

OS v10.7 support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.