Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"reopen all windows from last session" not working properly

Sometimes I will hit a wrong tab and lose all the tabs and pages I am working on. But when I hit "Reopen All Windows from Last Session" in History, I either get pages from months ago, or some nonsense that Apple is apparently trying to get me to buy. All I want is my old work up. How can I get them back quickly and easily (which is what I thought "Reopen All Windows..." was supposed to do)?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 3:29 PM

If you simply close a window, your current session is not over. The command you used is not appropriate for that.

Try "Reopen last closed window". It should re-open a window closed by accident, even a window with multiple tabs open.

some nonsense that Apple is apparently trying to get me to buy

APPLE does not use pop-up windows in your Browser to send you advertising for things it wants you to buy. You may have installed adware.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2015 3:29 PM in response to hywelda

If you simply close a window, your current session is not over. The command you used is not appropriate for that.

Try "Reopen last closed window". It should re-open a window closed by accident, even a window with multiple tabs open.

some nonsense that Apple is apparently trying to get me to buy

APPLE does not use pop-up windows in your Browser to send you advertising for things it wants you to buy. You may have installed adware.

"reopen all windows from last session" not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.