Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Adding 100 photos? Resizing large images.

(I think I did this successfully a year ago but the same steps didn't work now.)

I am starting a new presentation with lots of high-resolution photos. How do I create a batch of slides with photos auto-sized to fit into or fill the slide?

Dragging a batch of image files from the Finder to either the Navigator pane or the Light Table view creates slides but all of the photos are cropped (not resized) to the 1024 default scale of the slides. How do get Keynote to shrink and auto-fit all of the images?

The new slides are created but my images are 'on top' of the slides rather than dropped into the image-box of the slide. If I create one slide and drop an image into the drop zone the image resizes to fit/fill the slide but bulk efforts fail.

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 3:24 PM

Okay, maybe I solved my problem.

In Preferences there is a checkbox to "Scale placed images to fit on slide".

I (still) have to change all slides' Master style to "Blank" to get rid of residual text areas in the Title & Bullets slide. I think I previously created my own Theme but can't see how to do that right now.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2015 3:24 PM in response to Neil G

Okay, maybe I solved my problem.

In Preferences there is a checkbox to "Scale placed images to fit on slide".

I (still) have to change all slides' Master style to "Blank" to get rid of residual text areas in the Title & Bullets slide. I think I previously created my own Theme but can't see how to do that right now.

Adding 100 photos? Resizing large images.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.