Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Books from the cloud keep reappearing

for a while now, if I either close the iBooks app on my phone and restart it or just connect my phone with my Mac, I get all the books I purchased and had "hidden" in my iBooks purchase history on my Mac, on my Phone. This is really annoying me because every time they reappear I have to delete them again because I don't want them in the library on my phone. Even one I asked Apple to take back keeps appearing, a long time after the procedure to take it out of my purchase history.

Problem is... this has happened about 10 times already and it still keeps happening. Can anybody help me with this please?

iBook, iOS 8.1

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 11:59 AM

6 replies

Feb 25, 2015 12:31 PM in response to K-lee94

If you have Mavericks or Yosemite on your Mac, then do you have those books downloaded into the iBooks app your Mac - or if on an earlier OS X version in the Books part of your Mac's iTunes library ? If you do, and you have your Mac's iTunes set to sync 'all Books' on the phone's Books tab (or have those books selected on the tab) then they will keep being synced back, you will either need to delete them from your Mac's iBooks app (or iTunes library), or change your book sync selection.

Feb 25, 2015 1:38 PM in response to King_Penguin

Thank you for trying to help. But I don't have these in the library on my Mac. I had learned form somewhere that you could "hide" some of your purchases so that when you chose to show purchases that were in the iCloud in the library on the Mac, these wouldn't show. And it's precisely these books - and one I had sent back and shouldn't even be there - that show up on my phone for some reason.

Feb 25, 2015 10:51 PM in response to K-lee94

Are they showing up in the cloud or your phone, or as downloaded books ? If they are showing as downloaded then when do they reshow, after syncing with your Mac (which would imply that they are still on your Mac and being synced back from it), or randomly ? If they are showing as being in the cloud on your phone, and if you haven't already done so, then try logging out of your account via the Featured tab in the iBooks app on your phone and then log back in and see if they still show.

To check that all of your books are showing in the iBooks app on your Mac, do File > Move Books From iTunes in it and see if that gets any others to show.

Books from the cloud keep reappearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.