Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Black/White Vertical Band Macbook Pro Early 2011 (Yosemite)

I've owned my MacBook for almost 3.5 years w/out any problem. So far, I've tried the PRAM Reset but it hasn't worked. From what I've read, there may be a problem with the GPU and/or LCD. This occured immediately after repoening my laptop - there were no issues prior. Applied the same usual force - I didn't slam it or close it forcefully. It's been like this for the last few hours. The band is black most of the time. Every now and then (as shown), it's white w/multi-colored lines. Appreciate any help/suggestions. Note: My AppleCare expired last year and I don't live close enough to a genius bar (only a Best Buy but I bought this from a authorized school vendor). I'm a student - if this stays as is, I can manage until the end of the term. Thanks.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 1:04 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 1:21 PM in response to Cool-L'Homme-Un

Hello Cool-L'Homme-Un,

After reviewing your post, it looks like you have vertical lines on the display. It looks like you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Apple computers: Troubleshooting issues with video on internal or external displays - Apple Support

Reset the system

You can reset the Mac's parameter RAM and SMC.

Reset the resolution

Start by resetting the Mac's parameter RAM. If the display does not come up, was previously set to an unsupported resolution, and still results in no video:

1. Start up in Safe Mode.
  2. From the Apple () menu, choose System Preferences.
  3. Choose Displays from the View menu to open the preferences pane.
  4. Select any resolution and refresh rate that your display supports.
  5. Restart your computer.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Black/White Vertical Band Macbook Pro Early 2011 (Yosemite)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.