Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iCloud email is not under my name

My mac says that it is registered under my moms name, and her email, but she isn't sure if she ever even made one, and to change it, it asks us security questions that we don't know the answer to. It even has her birthday in there. How do I change this? I can see this when I go to System Preferences>iCloud>Account Details>Security

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 2:02 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 2:26 PM in response to Julie Wo

Greetings Julie Wo,

From what I understand, you would like to edit the personal information associated with an existing iCloud account. If you would rather avoid creating a new account, you can edit some information. First you'll have to reset those security questions. The following article will help you do so:

If you forgot the answers to your Apple ID security questions - Apple Support

If you can't reset your security questions

If you couldn't send a reset email, don't have a rescue email address, or can't access email at your rescue email address, contact Apple Support. Apple may ask you to generate a temporary support PIN to verify your identity. After you reset your security questions, you might want to update your rescue email address.

If you have trouble remembering your security questions, you might want to set up two-step verification. With two-step verification, you don't need security questions to secure your account or verify your identity.

If you answer your security questions incorrectly too many times in a row, you'll be temporarily unable to access your account, but you can try to reset your questions after the waiting period ends.

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Bobby_D

My iCloud email is not under my name

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.