Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why do my tracks not match the song or artwork?

I recently subscribed to iTunes Match and immediately after, I have many tracks that do not match the song i want played or the album artwork. For example, if i want to play "Desperado" by the Eagles, I will click it, then "One" from Metallica will play and show the album artwork of George Straight. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 1:20 PM

7 replies

Feb 26, 2015 2:22 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Yes, the songs play fine, but its the wrong song and artwork for the track name. Yes the tracks are still on my computer. I don't have the patience to go through all 5000 of my songs to figure out which ones are messed up. This stared immediately after I subscribed to iCloud Match. My first post has all the details of what is happening. Thanks for your help and advice.

Feb 26, 2015 4:39 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

All the tracks will play I just have no idea what will play after click a track. I used Desperado as an example. Here is a breakdown of what I have found."

Cinderella has mixed kid rock songs from the first kiss album and classical music. When I click on the track something completely different will play so I have no idea where my tracks for Cinderella are. My playlists do not play what the track says it suppose to play.

I only have 4 music videos and there all from Pink. All four videos are gone. They have the name of her album have completely different artwork and play only the song related to the artwork.

When I play Eric Johnsons Cliffs of Dover, Symphony No. 9 in E minor plays. Bottom line, my whole library is shot to **** all because I turned on iTunes Match.

Can I uninstall iTunes completely, clear my iPod, re-install and get all my tunes back?

Feb 26, 2015 11:57 PM in response to joekelley72

Hi,

If you want to start over again, I suggest that you delete all the tracks from your iTunes library, deleting them from cloud and moving them to trash. This will give you a blank iTunes library. Turn off match. Next add all the tracks from your back up and update any metadata and album art. Next turn on match and let iTunes match scan your library.

However, if you backed up your complete iTunes library including library.itl file, you should copy the entire folder and then open in itunes iTunes: How to open an alternate iTunes Library file or create a new one - Apple Support YOu should check metadata and album art before turning match back on.

JIm

Why do my tracks not match the song or artwork?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.