Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I create a poster using iPhoto?

Hello,

I am wondering if someone could please help me. I am looking to create an album for my husbands 40th. My understanding is I can create an album in iPhoto, to turn this into a slideshow and a printed book/album.Which I will do. Can anyone help me with how I can also have a very large poster created of all the images too please? Or can i print the pages individually perhaps? I know office works can print large posters, I am unsure how to create the file/use what I will have prepared in iPhoto. Even if someone knows a printer/designer or similar that might be able to do this?

Thank You

Claire

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 3:06 PM

3 replies

Feb 25, 2015 4:40 PM in response to crippon

If you have Pages you can create a collage with it easily. Create a custom layout the size of the poster you want. Open iPhoto and drag the photos you want into the open Pages layout, resize and place where you want.

When you have the posted completed do a Print ➙ PDF ➙ Safe as PDF to create a pdf file of the poster. Most photofinishers like Kinkos can print pdf files.

This 96 photo collage, 20x30, was created that way:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Apr 6, 2015 12:32 AM in response to crippon

Which I will do. Can anyone help me with how I can also have a very large poster created of all the images too please? Or can i print the pages individually perhaps?

A simple work-around in iPhoto: Some iPhoto book themes let you create a layout of up to 16 photos.

• Create several book pages with a borderless layout and print these pages to PDF, with the option "PDF > Save PDF to a folder as JPEG"
  • Then import these JPEG patches again as photos and arrange them side-by-side on a new book page.

This way, you can create a book page with up to 16x16 photos and print it to PDF.

User uploaded file

How can I create a poster using iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.