Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto 9.6 upgrade photos gone only "old master"

I was forced to upgrade to iPhoto 9.6 when I upgraded to Yosemite. Now when I open iPhoto, all of my photos are gone. I know they are not completely gone, because I was able to find them when I opened package contents. However, everything is not under "old".

User uploaded file

I had my library stored on an external hard drive (1TB) and I have 223GB of photos. When I click on the library it still shows that amount. I held down "option" when I opened iPhoto and tried to redirect it to my library, but only the "Library.iPhoto" showed up and I have a feeling all of my pictures are in the "Library6.iPhoto".

I tried holding command and option to rebuild the thumbnails and then rebuild the library, but nothing happened.

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I do have a time machine connected to my computer, but I am not sure what good it will do if this is a forced update by Yosemite. I'm stuck.

iMac

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 3:28 PM

1 reply

iPhoto 9.6 upgrade photos gone only "old master"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.