Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac and my modem/router

Can anyone think of a reason my iMac would be resetting my modem/router? I've had 2 different internet providers now. Centurylink and TWC. With both services my modem with suddenly restart itself thus dropping internet connectivity. Its's a late 2013 27in iMac running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, thought theprobelm existed on Mavericks as well. It is connected via ethernet cable to my Arris DG1607OA modern/router

iMac (27-inch, Late 2013), OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 3:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 4:24 PM

StevenReines wrote:

Can anyone think of a reason my iMac would be resetting my modem/router? I've had 2 different internet providers now. Centurylink and TWC. With both services my modem with suddenly restart itself thus dropping internet connectivity. Its's a late 2013 27in iMac running OS X Yosemite 10.10.2, thought theprobelm existed on Mavericks as well. It is connected via ethernet cable to my Arris DG1607OA modern/router

I had basically the same problem approximately 2 months ago. I have the late 2012 27" iMac. After researching the forums (for what its worth 😝 & scouring the net I could not find anything dealing w/ethernet & network problems regarding Macs. I was also puzzled. Network Diagnostics showed ethernet internet access. I had no trouble getting on the net using wi-fi either. Another piece of the puzzle.

User uploaded file to the AC tech. In 30 seconds, they fixed the problem:

Trash the following plist files by going to Macintosh HD>Library>Preferences>SystemConfiguration

com.apple.airport.preferences

preferences

NetworkInterfaces

REstart your comp.

Optional----> Repair permissions & restart.

If you have AC, strongly suggest that you give them a call if the above does not work.

User uploaded file

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2015 4:24 PM in response to StevenReines

StevenReines wrote:

I had basically the same problem approximately 2 months ago. I have the late 2012 27" iMac. After researching the forums (for what its worth 😝 & scouring the net I could not find anything dealing w/ethernet & network problems regarding Macs. I was also puzzled. Network Diagnostics showed ethernet internet access. I had no trouble getting on the net using wi-fi either. Another piece of the puzzle.

User uploaded file to the AC tech. In 30 seconds, they fixed the problem:

Trash the following plist files by going to Macintosh HD>Library>Preferences>SystemConfiguration

com.apple.airport.preferences

preferences

NetworkInterfaces

REstart your comp.

Optional----> Repair permissions & restart.

If you have AC, strongly suggest that you give them a call if the above does not work.

User uploaded file

iMac and my modem/router

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.