Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't get pictures off a previous back up from March 2014 from before the massive software update, Any idea on how I can retrieve them?

ive selected the back up so many times but I just can't get the pictures and it's all that pictures of from when I had my son in December 2013 until I lost my phone in March 2014 so they really mean a lot, any ideas will help please

iPad Mini, iOS 8.1.3

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 2:50 PM

1 reply

Feb 27, 2015 6:07 AM in response to Dionneewalshh

Hi Dionneewalshh,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you would like to restore your iPhone from a backup to recover pictures, but have thus far been unsuccessful. Without knowing what kind of backup you are attempting to restore from, I would suggest trying to restore from both iTunes and iCloud backups, if you have them available. The attached article will explain how to restore from each.

Back up and restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using iCloud or iTunes - Apple Support

If you do not have another backup to try and restore from, please let me know what exactly is happening when you restore from the backup you do have. Does the restore from backup not finish or give you an error? Does it complete and just not bring back the pictures you want to recover?

Best regards,

Joe

I can't get pictures off a previous back up from March 2014 from before the massive software update, Any idea on how I can retrieve them?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.