Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Multi Scan 15 Display was fine then in the Monitors Control panel I made a choice an dit went black?

Hi

I have been refurbing two old Macs I have and have now got both working. One with OS 7.5 the other with 9.1.

My MultiScan 15 Display has been fine, once I had sorted the adaptor and cable, with both Macs when they were running 7.1 and 9.1 but in replacing the HDD in my LC475 I needed to go through all the Control Panel settings to get it working right since it came with 7.5 installed.

All went well till I got to the Monitors Control Panel and after I had selected the best option offered the screen went black and the little green lights all flashed together. I tried powering off both and powering on after a spell but the black screen and flashing lights remained.

I tried it with my Powerbook 1400 with the adaptor and it works fine.

Is there a key combination that will allow me to start the computer and screen while switching the screen back to default?

Can I perhaps boot from the floppy drive with the Monitors CP and reset it? How?

Any advice welcome ;-)

Colin

Apple LC 475-OTHER, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 2:07 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 12:33 PM in response to ColinY

Hello Colin,

The LC 475 belongs to the computers mentioned in the article "Low Battery Can Cause No Video" (http://support.apple.com/kb/TA35928). So, do check the battery voltage, but try resetting the PRAM first.

BTW, the LC 475 recognises the type of monitor connected through sense codes. For an introduction (older than the LC 475 and the monitor that you mentioned), you may want to search for "Sense Lines" at https://developer.apple.com/legacy/library/navigation/ .

Jan

Feb 28, 2015 11:23 AM in response to Jan Hedlund

Err OK Jan

....by Battery can I assume you refer to the PRAM Battery?

Mine was new last month but the Performa has a newer one. I think I can test the voltage and will do.

I read the sensing codes article - WOW! I had never ever heard of that and it just shows there must be something Holy Water after all!

Cant see what I can do about it but it does explain why the disconnection and start followed by switch off, reconnect and start again works! Its like blessing a new relationship! Al;most hunman I suppose.

Thanks Jan

Colin

My Multi Scan 15 Display was fine then in the Monitors Control panel I made a choice an dit went black?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.