Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages 2.0.2 to update to new version

I want to purchase the newest version of Pages but have been told I will not be able to open old Pages documents. Can you foresee any other problems? My iMac has OSX 10.9.5

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 3:55 PM

5 replies

Feb 25, 2015 5:38 PM in response to AnnieW

Open PDFs with Pages?

PDFs are virtual paper for reading on multiple platforms and not really meant to be edited, so you can open and view them in Preview.app or Acrobat or similar but not import them as editable files into Pages.

Better for old files is to export them to a Word .doc/x which can be opened by most software, even Pages 5.5.2, but they will be changed and not exactly the way they were.

Peter

Feb 25, 2015 5:48 PM in response to AnnieW

Thanks Peter, I understand PDFs are readable files, I am not expressing myself well! I mean its OK for me to lose the editing function.They are purely an archive. Good to know I can still open them in Preview. I now have to learn all the stuff about Yosemite and new Pages, Yikes!

ps, Have been ******* after the new Apple watch.

Feb 26, 2015 9:08 AM in response to AnnieW

Personally, I wouldn't recommend Pages 5 to anyone, especially to someone who has used Pages 4 or earlier. Even Pages 1 in iWork '05 has more features than Pages 5. I think you're better off buying a copy of iWork '09 from Amazon or eBay. You will be able to open your Pages 2.0.2 files in Pages 4.3. Just be sure you update to iWork 9.3 before running any of the apps.

Pages 2.0.2 to update to new version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.