Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup to 2 time capsule

One computer to rule them all!

Just kidding. I am seeking to find out if I can backup One single computer to two different time capsule located in two different locations - one at work and another at home and having the two capsule to talk to each other to sync up the files during the down time.

Requirements:

I work from home as well as in the office. My MacbookPro sticks with me all the time and I need to be access large files (>2GB files) regularly and Cloud storage ain't working for me as there were times the internet connection is not working as fast as it should and when I need the files - I need them now. I can't afford the time to dig through achives and backups to find it.

Why:

Needing to upgrade my trusty 17inch Macbook Pro that has been upsize to 2TB - two internal 1TB. My working storage is easily 1.2TB of work files and assets alone. That's not including my other bits and pieces that colours my life such as my music library and photos of my kids etc. Also not to forgeting the space required for OS X to work and another 2GB+ of applications and their assets.

Largest internal macbook storage so far is only limited to 1TB.

I ride to motorcycle to work. I can't carry external hard drives with me all the time and given the rubble and tumble, most external hard drives don't survive can't handle all the vibration, heat and whatever my bike journey throws at it. Even my Macbook Pro barely held up with special carrier cases I made for them.

Any suggestions and idea would be great.

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 3:11 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 1:27 AM in response to aheng

Yes, to the first part.

I am seeking to find out if I can backup One single computer to two different time capsule located in two different locations - one at work and another at home

No to the second part.

and having the two capsule to talk to each other to sync up the files during the down time.

Apple build no backup into the router whatsoever. And Sync absolutely NOT.

This is a dumb hard disk in a minimal controls router.. what you need is a NAS.

Any suggestions and idea would be great.

There are a large number of NAS made now that have the ability to rsync files between them.

Check the reviews here for suitable models in your price range.

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/charts/nas/view

backup to 2 time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.