Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting an error 7 message when I reinstall itunes 12.1.1 on windows 7

I tried uninstalling everything apple related and then re installed and was able to get through the error related to the apple mobile device issue. I finished the install and then iTunes was to open automatically which is when I received the error 7 message

I installed as admin

running windows 7

Please help

Windows 7

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 4:14 PM

3 replies

Feb 27, 2015 6:16 AM in response to mrbunger

Hello mrbunger,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that after installing iTunes fresh on your Windows computer, you are receiving error 7. In this case, I would suggest reading over and working through the steps located in the attached article to help resolve this iTunes error 7.

If you can't install or update iTunes for Windows - Apple Support

Have a great day,

Joe

Feb 27, 2015 9:09 PM in response to AppleJoe

Sorry but his is not working- I am getting an error related to not having permissions to install the Apple Mobile Device - even though I am doing it as an administrator. When I check the services, this is not the mobile device service is not turning on and I cannot turn it on manually. Windows 7 wasa lso updated with all available updates prior to starting the process

I am getting an error 7 message when I reinstall itunes 12.1.1 on windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.