Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Temporary 'FIX' to Downloading GarageBand Lessons

On this message board, I've observed the evolving saga of the DOWNLOAD PROBLEM that users are experiencing when trying to download sound updates, "Learn to Play" lessons, etc. I'm making this post, because it is serious enough of an issue that warrants OFFICIAL HELP from APPLE, rather than the bits and pieces of heresy from the kind folks that finally do get in touch with an Apple representative that evidently seems to be aware of the problem and is willing to comment that Apple is addressing it.

I say "evidently", because incredulously, there seems to be no OFFICIAL RESPONSE from Apple, and as a result, with this issue:

(1) Apple continues to leave their users in the dark, providing no workaround or temporary fix to help alleviate the stress of their user base pertaining to the interrupted download issues.

(2) A temporary 'fix', that as a minimum, STOPS all users' machines from trying to repeatedly download--what inevitably becomes an interrupted download session--needs to be provided in order to reduce the building congestion/overloadoccurring, both over the network and individual user's computers (as these interrupted downloads repeatedly run in the background of their machine every time they open GarageBand).

(3) Users are not really sure if the problem will be fixed or will be fixed. And when the problem is actually fixed, users should be OFFICALLY INFORMED so that they then can safely proceed with a working download (that will still take hours, typically, to complete) once the problem is solved.

Please add any comments to this thread as warranted. I'm looking for a 'temporary fix' to stop the interrupted downloads from repeatedly occurring every time I open GarageBand, because they slow down both my machine and the network.

GarageBand 10, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), null

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 3:03 PM

1 reply

Feb 26, 2015 8:12 PM in response to JD321

I would like to add the following to your list:

(4) In the event that a temporary fix is not put in place by Apple all users that have purchased lessons and not received the downloads shall have their money refunded.

I purchased a lesson today and have had similar problems. Perhaps a formal petition and threat of class action might get their attention. I would sign it.

BTW its not a Yosemite or updated GB thing. I've seen posts about this going back to 2011!

Temporary 'FIX' to Downloading GarageBand Lessons

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.