Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How far can I upgrade my mac mini?

So I recently bought an old mac mini (the a1103 i believe) on ebay, and I wanted to know whats the max amount of ram I can put on it? The specs say that it can only handle up to 1gb, but I have heard that the amount of ram that a machine can handle is based off of software, and the motherboard. I thought originally that since the mac mini was upgraded to leopard that it could handle more. But I am doubting my self and I dont want to purchase anything that wont work. Also what processors could I upgrade to? Thanks in advance!

Posted on Feb 25, 2015 5:59 PM

4 replies

Feb 26, 2015 1:50 AM in response to Asbill5

Not in a a1103 Mini. That Mini has a Power PC G4 processor that is not interchangeable with an Intel processor.

In the 2006 Intel Mac Minis (A1176) the Core Duo processors can be replaced with a Core 2 Duo.

Galan, Walter. "Installing Mac mini Model A1176 Core 2 Duo Processor". Retrieved September 2, 2012.

Asbill5 wrote:

Thats weird because I watched a youtube video and the guy put in a intel core duo on the same mac mini. Maybe it was a different one but I dont think so.

How far can I upgrade my mac mini?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.